On working for long hours under the system, your eyes are subjected to strain, you don’t get enough sleep even. You can dim the lights of your window, and protect your eyes from the light and turn it to windows dark mode so that your eyesight is protected. You can even save your battery life by extending it to few more hours by doing so. With the new Windows 10, 2018 update, you can change your settings to dark mode. All you need to do follow the below instructions.
- Go to Settings. If you are having difficulty finding Settings app, type in the search bar or click on the app with the gear icon. You will be lead to Settings page.
- Under Settings, click on Personalization.
- On the left hand side, you will see an option Colors. Tap on it.
- When you scroll down to the bottom, you will see an option that says ‘Choose your app mode’
- When you tap on it, you will have two options: “Light” and “Dark.”
- Now tap on the Dark option.
- You can pick a color from the color palette to edit the Windows to your preference.
There are some Microsoft applications that will not work under the dark theme. In order for those apps also to work under the dark mode, follow the steps below.
- Click on the File option.
- Now tap on the Options.
- Make sure you are in the ‘General’ section.
- When you scroll down, you will see an option that states ‘Personalize your copy Microsoft Office’.
- Click on Office Theme and slide the bar to ‘Black’.
- Even your Microsoft apps are in dark mode now.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Choose a theme.
- Tap on Dark option.
- Your app is modified to Dark mode now.
These are the ways you can turn your Windows 10 to the Dark mode. This feature is not only limited to Mac but also Windows 10. All you need to do is have your Windows updated. You can enjoy the choice of have your screen in the dark mode and protect your eyesight and prevent it from straining much. Hope these instructions come highly of use to you.